Social Engagement 101
With Facebook Timeline doing away with landing pages, what are some tips for increasing engagement?
So you set up your brand’s Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, G+, etc. You’re tweeting, you’re posting, you’re pinning. But now what? You’re putting a lot of time and effort into pushing out valuable content, but what comes next?
Social engagement is critical to brands looking to create any kind of social presence. You want people to engage with you and your content. On social networks this means, “liking” the content, commenting on it, and ultimately, sharing it.
Why do I need it?
Social networks amplify your reach with little work put in. Correctly executed social posts can be shared limitlessly via the Internet after a little effort from your end.
By providing great material and customer care via social media, brand loyalty can easily increase. Credibility of your brand increases with more engagement.
How do I get people to engage with my brand on my social networks?
Content is still king. First and foremost, provide valuable content to your fans for them to read and share. Once you master great content, you need someone to manage your online community. That includes the following:
- Share – Post on all your social networking sites. It is okay to post similar content on your Twitter, Facebook, G+, however be sure to provide a wide variety of topics across all channels.
- Listen & respond – Social networks allow you to have open conversations with your fans. When someone comments or retweets a post, respond! If they provided feedback, engage with valuable commentary, have a conversation.
- Be helpful – It’s not all about you and your brand. Always try to provide your fans with valuable information, even if it is not part of your services or products.
- Entertain – Visual storytelling is key on social networks. Photos and videos are the most shared content on the web.
- Deal with feedback – Sometimes you will get feedback that is less than flattering. Own your content and engage with every person. Show your fans that you are authentic and are genuinely listening.
Unfortunately, there is no scientific formula to guarantee social engagement. However, great content and genuine engagement from your brand is a surefire way to gain traction in the digital space.