Zenzi is seeking a PR Contractor with experience in pitching National consumer media, as well as demonstrated success in booking coverage within San Diego, Orange County and Los Angeles media. This is a part time/contract position with opportunity to grow to full time/permanent in the near future.
The PR Contractor will work with a team of top-notch earned media practitioners to develop and manage a variety of social media and traditional PR initiatives for Zenzi clients, including writing press materials, pitching stories and coordinating outreach initiatives for health, wellness, tourism and consumer product accounts.
This individual must be highly creative, organized and results-driven, with a deep understanding of how the traditional and nontraditional media operates. This position is designed to add valuable knowledge and experience to the existing team including strategic planning, campaign management, and best of breed practices in the PR and social media space.
- Minimum of three -five years of agency experience, with a marketing/journalistic background, including demonstrated ability to manage project and accounts
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Proven track record of successfully implementing a variety of creative and effective public relations and social media campaigns in San Diego region and beyond
- Demonstrated passion for the industry
- Working knowledge of strategic PR planning and campaign management
- Demonstrated knowledge of all major social media platforms
- Strong writing skills (knowledge of AP style) and content-development experience
- Working knowledge of how to manage public relations projects and generate positive exposure effectively via tools including media relations, SEO, content development/syndication and online community outreach
Interested? Contact Julie Lyons at Julie(at)zenzi.com or 760-635-9320.